Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
creamy frozen peaches in a yummy crust, MMMMM! from taste of home
- 3 1⁄2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or 3 1⁄2 cups frozen peaches, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place peaches in a bowl; sprinkle with sugar.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain, reserving juice in a 1 cup measuing cup.
- Set peaches aside.
- Add enough water to the juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved; add cold water.
- Gradually add the ice cream, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 60-75 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally[mixture may seperate].
- Drain peaches again; discard juice.
- Fold gelatin mixture into peaches.
- Transfer to pastry shell.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream.
Easy to make and you can easily substitute fat free/sugar free ingredients, including graham cracker crust. Very refreshing. Doesn't get watery even after a few days.