Recipe by NorthwestGal
One sip, and you’ll be transported to a tropical beach. This delightful cocktail features a peach base and just the right hint of ginger and a touch of evaporated milk that adds a creamy finish. For the peach puree (step #1), I used half of a 15-ounce can of sliced peaches, and it worked out well.
Top Review by Boomette
Interesting taste with the peach and ginger. For us it was a little bit too sweet so next time I'll omit the honey and probably also the grenadine. And maybe add a little bit more rum. Thanks NorthwestGal :) Made for ZWT9
- 7 ounces canned peaches, drained (reserve 1 peach slice for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ice cube
- 1 teaspoon evaporated milk
- 3 ounces rum
- 3 ounces pineapple juice, prepared
- 3 ounces orange juice, prepared
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 maraschino cherry (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the drained peaches and grated ginger in food processor (or blender). Pulse until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- For each cocktail: add ice, the pureed peach mixture, evaporated milk, rum, pineapple juice, orange juice and grenadine to a cocktail shaker, and shake well. Pour into glass.
- Top each cocktail with a teaspoon of honey, and stir well.
- For garnish, add a peach slice and 2 maraschino cherries to an umbrella skewer; add to cocktail and serve immediately.