Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Whats not to like about fancy pancakes. These are very yummy. This recipe works well with fresh or canned peaches, and fresh or frozen raspberries.
- 1 pint raspberries, if frozen thawed
- 2 tablespoons honey, liquid
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur (optional) or 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream, frozen (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 peach halves in syrup, fresh-peeled and finely chopped (Canned, drained and finely chopped)
- Sauce Prepare sauce by placing all ingredients except for ice cream in blender.
- Reserve raspberry sauce and ice cream for garnish.
- Pancakes-6 Combine egg, butter and milk.
- In a seperate bowl add flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together.
- Quickly combine flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Heat griddle and butter lightly.
- Pour batter onto pan, when partially cooked add peaches to each pancake.
- Cook for 1 minute then turn.
- When pancakes are ready served garnished with ice cream scope and raspberry sauce.
Quick yumminess! Perfect for Valentine's Day or Birthday breakfast or "need-to-report-a-fender-bender" softener... The peach pancakes by themselves were fantastic! Then the raspberry sauce was "icing on the (pan)cake". If you have any sauce left over, may I suggest a Bellini? Our fresh raspberries were so pretty we reserved a few from the sauce. This goes into my A1 Regular Rotation and Best of 2014 cookbooks! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
Well, I also omitted the ice cream (but didn't use whipped cream, either), although another time, when I have company who will appreciate it, I definitely DO want to make this recipe as written (well, except for the liqueur, which I'll leave out)! Your combo of peaches & raspberries is GREAT! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Tagged, made & reviewed in the Summer Salad & Berry Recipe Challange]
Easy to make I also used frozen strawberries since that is what I had on hand and left out the ice cream but used whipped cream instead. It was our anniversary this last weekend so it was the perfect thing to surprise hubby with. Thank you!