Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Another one of my mom's recipes. This is wonderful spread on toast or biscuits.
Top Review by RonnieT
WOW! I ran out of oranges, so I threw in 1/4 of a lemon sliced real thin. I also didn't peel the peaches. I got impatient waiting for it to cook and threw in a pkg of low sugar pectin after 30 minutes of boiling. Jelled up real nice and what a flavor.
- 2 quarts peeled chopped peaches
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped orange sections
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to a large pot; slowly bring to a boil; stir frequently until the sugar dissolves.
- Boil for approximately 40 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently to keep from sticking.
- Take pot off of stove; skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Quickly pour marmalade into hot sterized jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Cover immediately with metal lids and screw on bands tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.