Dienia B.'s Note:
This recipe uses peaches, oranges, and maraschino cherries. Really old recipe, close to a marmalade. They used a food chopper with this but I think a food processor would be faster. No jar amounts were given so I am guessing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Run peaches through a chopper. I think that you would blanch, peel and pit the peaches before running them through chopper.
- 2Run all oranges through chopper, using rind of one orange. (just the zest; the whole rind will make it bitter; other recipes are using zest from all the oranges; you judge).
- 3Add cherry juice to the peaches, oranges, and sugar.
- 4Cook, stirring constantly, I am guessing this will burn easily.
- 5Cook until thick.
- 6When nearly done, add chopped cherries.
- 7Bring to a boil.
- 8Put in small jar and cover with paraffin wax (I said this was old recipe).
- 9Another recipe had you water bathing for 10 minutes to seal; check Ball book.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Orange Jam
Serving Size: 1 (5125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 200.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 195.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g