Prep 4 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe uses peaches, oranges, and maraschino cherries. Really old recipe, close to a marmalade. They used a food chopper with this but I think a food processor would be faster. No jar amounts were given so I am guessing.
- Run peaches through a chopper. I think that you would blanch, peel and pit the peaches before running them through chopper.
- Run all oranges through chopper, using rind of one orange. (just the zest; the whole rind will make it bitter; other recipes are using zest from all the oranges; you judge).
- Add cherry juice to the peaches, oranges, and sugar.
- Cook, stirring constantly, I am guessing this will burn easily.
- Cook until thick.
- When nearly done, add chopped cherries.
- Bring to a boil.
- Put in small jar and cover with paraffin wax (I said this was old recipe).
- Another recipe had you water bathing for 10 minutes to seal; check Ball book.