Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is good with pork and chicken on the side, or in a nice cold meat sandwich
- 6 cups chopped peeled peaches
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (up to two cups if sweeter desired)
- 1 3⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, seeded peeled and chopped fine fine in processor
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Combine all ingredients into a stock pot, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered about one hour.
- Stir as it thickens to prevent burning.
- Pour into hot jars, leaving air space, cap and process for 10 minutes in water bath.
- Or place in small containers and freeze.
hey i made this today and added 1 cup of finly chopped/crushed walnuts and boy it was great went well with the pork tenderloin and bbq chicken we had....