Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have created one delicious oatmeal! It sort of reminds me of the Quaker peaches and cream oatmeal. I still prefer this oatmeal however, which is healthier, to packaged any day.
- 59.14 ml old fashioned oats or 59.14 ml quick oats
- 78.07 ml water
- 59.14 ml sliced peaches in juice, canned (this works out to about 5 slices of peach and about 1/8 cup of juice)
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml butterscotch extract or 0.59 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml Splenda sugar substitute (optional) or 2.46 ml sugar (optional) or 2.46 ml honey (optional)
- Cut up peach slices into small pieces.
- In a bowl add oats, water, and peaches with juice.
- Microwave in 500watt microwave for 2 minutes, stir, microwave for another 2 minutes, stir, then microwave in 1 minute intervals until cooked. In a 1200watt microwave, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, stir, and then continue microwaving in 30 second intervals until cooked.
- Once cooked, add cinnamon, butterscotch extract, and sweetener.
- NOTE: This serving seems small since it is only 1/4 cup of oats, but with the addition of peaches, it is quite filling, especially when served with a glass of milk; Feel free however, to increase one serving size to double this amount for a very hearty breakfast.
My dad eats oatmeal every morning for breakfast. He has to watch the sugar. I was making instant for him but there just wasn't much variety. I decided to start making it myself. I made this one for him this a.m. I followed the directions on the oat box for cooking only I used the peach juice for some of the liquid. I also used pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnomon. He loved it. I am not an oatmeal fan but I thought it was pretty tasty also. Very easy to make. Thanks for the recipe.
This was a wonderful way to use up my fresh left over peaches from canning! I used the stovetop instead of microwave. Thank you.
Can I let you in on a little secret? Just between you and I? Oh good, I knew I could trust you. Okay, well I cheated. I added chia seeds, mixed and refrigerated overnight. Healthy, wholesome food and I eat it gratefully.