- 4 cups sliced fresh peeled peaches
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 cups soft homemade breadcrumbs
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peaches, white sugar, salt, and water; cook for 15 minutes or until the peaches are tender.
- Combine the soft breadcrumbs, brown sugar, pecans, and butter. Arrange alternate layers of the peach and breadcrumb mixture in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Breadcrumb mixture will be your top layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes. Serve either hot or cold with whipped cream if desired.