Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This recipe is cool because it uses peach preserves instead of fresh peaches. And only 3 ingredients! The cook time is actually refrigeration time. It comes from the Better Homes and Gardens book "Old-Fashioned Home Cooking." You can also substitute any other flavor of preserves that you like to change it up.
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds (etc.) or 1 cup walnuts (etc.) or 1 cup pecans (etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- Cut butter into smaller pieces.
- Blend butter and preserves together until well combined.
- Add nuts. Mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. All done :).