Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Macaroon like topping on a peach of a pie
Coconut Crumb topping
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 6 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, unbeaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Topping: In medium bowl combine butter, oatmeal and coconut.
- Prepare pie.
- Pie: Put sliced peaches into unbaked pasty shell.
- Mix (don't beat) whipping cream, sugar, and cornstarch til smooth, mix in egg and vanilla.
- Pour over peaches.
- Sprinkle topping mixture over.
- Bake in 425° oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 325° and bake 1 hour.
This pie was absolutely delicious and so easy to make! I'm sure it'll become a regular dessert around here- maybe I'll even try different fruits. The topping was sweet & crunchy and the house smelled wonderful while it was baking!