Recipe by bailey46
These are very good with scrambled eggs. They'd probably be good with a cup of coffee too but I don't drink it.
Top Review by maplecottage
Thank you so much for this recipe, it turned out brilliant. I followed the recipe almost to the T with the exception of 2 things -I couldn't make half and half as I didn't have cream so I put a 120gram pot of strawberry yoghurt which measured just under half a cup, then filled the rest of the cup up with milk. Because the yoghurt would sweeten, I reduced the sugar and put 3/4's of a cup instead. Because I cook in celcius I made my first error, I was cooking them at 185 degrees celcius, realised 12 minutes in, so bumped up the heat to 200 degrees celcius for 6 minutes - tested them and they were perfect so pulled them out 2 minutes early. They turned out so well, thank you so much for posting, considering I made an error, and had to change a few ingredients these are really lovely and moist. Thanks
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup diced canned peaches (drained)
- brown sugar, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet to dry, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups 2/3's full.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on tops.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Slide a knife around edges to make sure no peaches are stuck and remove from muffin cups.
- Let cool on wire racks.