Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful muffin from stephskitchen.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup canned peaches, chopped
- 2 tablespoons peach syrup, from canned peaches
- 1 cup low-fat peach yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Preheat oven to 375º. Grease muffin pan or fill with paper cups.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine peaches, peach syrup, yogurt, vegetable oil and egg; stir well until blended. Add to flour mixture and stir only until combined.
- Prepare topping by combining all ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle topping over top. Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins test done.
My muffins stuck to the liners. Not happy with this recipe. The muffin itself wasn't very moist. Sorry but not a keeper. The toppingl was good.
I would of given it five stars if I hadn't made so many changes. I doubled the spices, added a teaspoon of Vanilla extract and added more oil, yogurt, brown sugar and I used fresh peaches. I also didn't have peach yogurt so i used plain with peach apricot jam. Other than all the changes they were great
Yum! I'm very happy with these. Based on other reviews I added 1/3 cup white sugar to the recipe along with the 1/3 cup brown and they're just slightly sweet. I might even add a little more next time. However these actually taste peachy unlike other peach muffins I've tried, and you'd never know they were low fat. Very moist and they bake up full and high. Definately a keeper.