Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful summer salad. From Real Simple magazine. Enjoyable change from using tomato with mozzarella.
- 3 ripe peaches (peeled, if desired)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut each peach into 6 to 8 wedges, then cut each wedge in half crosswise.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, basil, and mozzarella.
- Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss.
- (You can cover and refrigerate the salad for up to several hours.) Serve cold or at room temperature.
It took me some 4 days to find good peaches for this recipe, but I did, & I tell you, THIS SALAD IS A WINNER! The combo of flavors from the title ingredients is OUTSTANDING, & if I can't wait until next year's crop of peaches, I'll just have to see what this salad is like using canned ones! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]