Recipe by mary winecoff
My mom gave me a plant that apparently had some mint with it. It has now taken over a part of my garden. This is a quick salsa to make with the peaches are at their peak. Goes great with grilled chicken and fish. Comes from Small Batch Preserving by Topp and Howard.
- 2 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peaches, onion, peppers, honey, salt, line rind and juice in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mint and cook for 1 minute.
- Ladle salsa into jars.
- Process 10 minutes for pint jars in boil water bath.