something a little different..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in 13x9 cake pan -- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top.
- 2Drain peaches, reserving peach syrup.
- 3Add enough water to make 1 1/3 cups liquid -- set aside.
- 4Scatter raspberries on top of peaches.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, combine peach syrup mixture, cake mix, eggs and oil.
- 6Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 7Pour batter evenly over fruit.
- 8Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- 9Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn upside down onto a large platter or cookie sheet.
- 10Serve warm with a generous dollop of whipped cream or cool whip, if desired.
- 11****Note.canned peaches work best for this recipe becuse they keep their color and texture during baking.If you want evenly sized slices.buy peach halves and slice them yourself.I have also used 1/2 cup maraschino cherries in place of raspberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Melba Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 343.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g