Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
something a little different..
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 28 ounces peaches, sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Melt butter in 13x9 cake pan -- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top.
- Drain peaches, reserving peach syrup.
- Add enough water to make 1 1/3 cups liquid -- set aside.
- Scatter raspberries on top of peaches.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peach syrup mixture, cake mix, eggs and oil.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn upside down onto a large platter or cookie sheet.
- Serve warm with a generous dollop of whipped cream or cool whip, if desired.
- ****Note.canned peaches work best for this recipe becuse they keep their color and texture during baking.If you want evenly sized slices.buy peach halves and slice them yourself.I have also used 1/2 cup maraschino cherries in place of raspberries.