Lesley Morton's Note:
Wonderful rich cool dessert with fresh peaches. It came from a booklet, "Delicious Desserts Made Easy", put out by Borden in 1981. I keep losing my dog-earred copy so now I try to put it all on my recipe program.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup sherry wine or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 (10 ounce) prepared angel food cake, torn into small pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh peaches, pared and sliced or 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
- 1/4 red raspberry preserves
- toasted almonds (optional)
- preserves (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water; mix well.
- 2Add pudding mix; beat with a wire whisk until well blended.
- 3Chill 5 minutes.
- 4Fold in whipped cream and 1 Tablespoon sherry.
- 5Place 4 cups cake pieces in a 2-quart glass serving bowl or trifle dish.
- 6Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sherry.
- 7Top with half the peach slices, 1/4 cup preserves and half the pudding mixture.
- 8Repeat layering with remaining cake, sherry, peaches and pudding.
- 10Garnish with almonds and additional preserves if desired.
- 11Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Melba Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 301.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red raspberry preserves