Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful rich cool dessert with fresh peaches. It came from a booklet, "Delicious Desserts Made Easy", put out by Borden in 1981. I keep losing my dog-earred copy so now I try to put it all on my recipe program.
- 1 (14 ounce) cansweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 (10 ounce) prepared angel food cake, torn into small pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh peaches, pared and sliced or 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- 1⁄4 red raspberry preserves
- toasted almonds (optional)
- preserves (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water; mix well.
- Add pudding mix; beat with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Chill 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream and 1 Tablespoon sherry.
- Place 4 cups cake pieces in a 2-quart glass serving bowl or trifle dish.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sherry.
- Top with half the peach slices, 1/4 cup preserves and half the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layering with remaining cake, sherry, peaches and pudding.
- Garnish with almonds and additional preserves if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.