Individual ice cream filled peach & berry tarts. Quick to make but they need to freeze for 4-6 hours so plan ahead. Freezer time not included in cook time. A little trivia about peach melba - the famous London chef Escoffier was once so moved by Nellie Melba's performance in Wagner's Lohengrin that he took up his pans and ice cream maker to create a dessert, both simple and elegant, in honour of the Australian soprano.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly.
- 2In a small nonstick pan, melt jam over low heat, stirring, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in water & cool for 5 minutes.
- 3Set aside 24 raspberries for garnish; add remaining 1 cup to jam mixture & stir gently.
- 4Spoon cooled raspberry sauce in tart crusts, about 1 tablespoon each.
- 5Stir together peaches, almond extract & toasted almonds. Remove ice cream from refrigerator, stir it smooth & fold in peach mixture.
- 6Working quickly, spoon 1/3 cup ice cream atop raspberries in each shell.
- 7Place pies on a baking sheet & freeze 4-6 hours.
- 8Before serving, garnish each tart with 2 reserved raspberried.
- 9**** To toast almonds, heat oven to 350º. Soread nuts on a baking sheet & bake 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Melba Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.2
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 156.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g