Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Individual ice cream filled peach & berry tarts. Quick to make but they need to freeze for 4-6 hours so plan ahead. Freezer time not included in cook time. A little trivia about peach melba - the famous London chef Escoffier was once so moved by Nellie Melba's performance in Wagner's Lohengrin that he took up his pans and ice cream maker to create a dessert, both simple and elegant, in honour of the Australian soprano.
- Place ice cream in refrigerator to soften slightly.
- In a small nonstick pan, melt jam over low heat, stirring, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in water & cool for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 24 raspberries for garnish; add remaining 1 cup to jam mixture & stir gently.
- Spoon cooled raspberry sauce in tart crusts, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Stir together peaches, almond extract & toasted almonds. Remove ice cream from refrigerator, stir it smooth & fold in peach mixture.
- Working quickly, spoon 1/3 cup ice cream atop raspberries in each shell.
- Place pies on a baking sheet & freeze 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, garnish each tart with 2 reserved raspberried.
- **** To toast almonds, heat oven to 350º. Soread nuts on a baking sheet & bake 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
Really nice flavor and a great presentation. I used phyllo cups instead of miniature graham cracker pie crusts, so I reduced the filling accordingly. It worked out beautifully, and I will definitely be making these again!