Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a local newspaper, credit to Karline Tillie. Very yummy!
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 3 peaches
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Prepare topping:.
- Blend flour, brown sugar and cinnamon with fork or whisk.
- Add butter in small pieces and blend with fork or fingers until mixture is crumbly. Stir in almonds and set aside.
- Make Filling:.
- Peel and cut peaches into bite-sized pieces.
- Put in bowl and toss with raspberries and vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle sugar and flour over mixture and toss gently until everything is well blended. Pour and spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Make Batter:.
- Blend flour, sugar, baking soda and salt with whisk. Add buttermilk and melted butter and gently stir with large wooden spoon or spatula until flour mixture just disappears.
- Pour and spread over fruit.
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and top is light golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.