Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Mom made these for us last summer. The recipe is from a magazine, just don't know which one. A fabulous summer treat.
Top Review by MTpockets
I cut this recipe in half because I only wanted to make it for two people and the only problem I had (and it was very minor) was when the recipe is cut in 1/2 it calls for 1/3 cup of sugar.(which I though was too much) So I only used about a tbsp and that was plenty. Otherwise, this was a very good treat on a really hot day and I would make it again. Thank's for posting!
- 2 cups peeled sliced fresh peaches
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 5 ingredients into the container of an electric blender.
- Process until smooth, occasionally stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender container.
- Pour the mixture into glasses.
- Add raspberries and 1/2 cup sugar to blender.
- Process until smooth; add mixture to the glasses and swirl into the shakes.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: I usually make the raspberry puree first, set it aside and clean out the blender or use two blenders.
- Then I make the peach shakes, pour into glasses and add the raspberry puree; need to move fast so the ice cream won't get too melty.