Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This mouth watering Peach Melba makes a delightful dessert in next to no time, with easy to obtain ingredients.
- Set the oven to 300°F
- Draw a 7in circle on a sheet of baking parchment and place the paper on a baking sheet.
- Whisk up the egg whites until very stiff, and then beat in the sugar at little at a time whilst continuing to whisk.
- Now whisk in the vanilla essence, vinegar and cornstarch.
- Spread the mixture over the circle and bake in the oven for 1 hour until firm. Remove the meringue from the oven and leave to cool, and then carefully remove the paper. It is easier to do when cool. Place on a plate.
- Push the raspberries through a nylon sieve and add the strawberry liquor to the puree.
- Scoop as much ice cream as you want into the meringue, top with the peaches and pour the melba sauce over the top, zig-zagging over the meringue.
- Dust with icing sugar, scatter over some pink and red rose petals and serve.