Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fabulous combination of flavors; serve it to special people!
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled,pitted and quartered
- 2⁄3 cup raspberries, picked over
- 3 tablespoons peach brandy, plus a little more for garnish (or you could use juice)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 egg whites
- Puree peaches and raspberries with peach brandy in a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade (or use blender).
- Add sugar, gelatin, almond extract, salt and lemon juice, and blend well.
- Whip cream to soft peaks; fold into peach mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour or until just beginning to set.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Stir half of whites into mousse, blending well.
- Fold in remaining egg whites, making sure there are no lumps.
- Spoon into individual dessert glasses or a serving bowl.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- To serve, drizzle a few drops of peach brandy over each portion.
Light and delicious. Next time I may strain the puree -- I wanted a more velvety finish. I might also experiment with another dose of gelatin for a firmer texture. Made for Zaar World Tour III.
Very nice summer desert and a great way to use peaches and raspberries. I never had the two fruits combined before but they make a delicious combination.