Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe online, in answer to a request. I have not tried this recipe personally. PLEASE NOTE: This is a freezer jam. This jam must be kept in the freezer and once thawed, in the refrigerator. This is NOT shelf stable jam.
- 2 cups fresh ripe peaches, chopped
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor (raspberry liqueur)
- Combine peaches and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cover and let stand at least an hour to macerate (release juices), tossing once or twice.
- Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and mixture darkens and turns clear, 25 to 30 minutes stirring as needed to keep from sticking (make sure you don't let it burn!) Add raspberries,continue cooking over low heat,stirring constantly, until mixture is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in Chambord and remove from heat.
- Immediately pour into 2 hot sterilized 1 pint canning jars.
- Once jars are sealed, let them cool completely upside down on top of a clean kitchen towel, and store in the fridge (use up by 2 weeks) or in the freezer.
Wow! We really enjoyed this! I especially liked the combo of raspberries and peaches! Thanks!