2 hrs 3 mins
Julie F's Note:
I found this in my newspaper. It is originally from "The Perfect Scoop" by David Lebovitz. It is the ultimate taste of summer, melding peach ice cream with a fresh raspberry swirl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First peel the peaches. Cut an X at the bottom then lower them into a pot of boiling water for about 20 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a collander and shock them with cold water. Let them cool and the skin will peel right off.
- 2Cut the peaches in half, remove the pits and cut them into chunks. Cook them with the water in a medium, nonreactive saucepan over medium heat, covered, stirring once or twice, until soft and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat, stir in the sugar and then cool to room temperature. Remove about 1/4 of the peaches and cut them into slightly smaller chunks and reserve. Puree the rest of the peaches and their liquid in a blender or food processor with the sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla and lemon juice until almost smooth. Add the reserved peaches back in and chill the mixture thoroughly, preferably overnight, in the refrigerator.
- 4Freeze in your ice cream maker according to directions.
- 5An hour or so before churning the ice cream, make the raspberry swirl by mashing the raspberries together with the sugar and vodka with a fork until they're juice but with nice-sized chunks of raspberry remaining. Chill until ready to use.
- 6When you remove the peach ice cream from the ice cream machine, layer it in a container with spoonfuls of the chilled raspberry-swirl mixture. Freeze until ready to serve. It will get really hard after about 3 hours, so you may want to let it warm up a little for ease of scooping. Garnish with fresh raspberries.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Melba Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 24.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g