Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A quick and easy dessert made from Melba Sauce that was in the frig. The cook time is actually the 4 hours of chill time.
- 8 ounces sliced peaches
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup melba sauce
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Combine peaches and peach syrup with vanilla. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Scoop ice cream into stemmed dessert dishes.
- Arrange peach slices around ice cream.
- Drizzle Melba Sauce.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream if using.
So sublime! This is really a super and sophisticated way to dress up ice cream. From the ingredients list in the recipe, I took it to mean using canned peaches, but it's peach season here in the south and had to use fresh. I mixed them with a little corn syrup with the vanilla to give them some 'juice'. I made my own Melba sauce and topped with a dollop of cool whip. Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe!
I've made your Melba Sauce recipe several times since I first did it, & it's always a winner! Made it again to use in this recipe & the final product was wonderful! I didn't strain the sauce, even though I know it looks much more 'sophisticated' when done that way! Still, the 2 of us thoroughly enjoyed this peach recipe & I know I'll be making it again! Thanks for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing in Please Review My Recipe tag game during the recent tour]