Recipe by Sharlene~W
I watched Wolfgang Puck fix this on the Food Network and can't wait for peaches to be in season again! Can be adapted for Apricot Melba.
Top Review by JWnTX
This was the best recipe I've found. I remember eating Peach Melba when I was very young--we'd go to the St. Anthony Hotel in San Antonio (haven't been there in over 40 yrs, so you know it made an impression), and they gave it a South Texas flair using fresh mango ice cream. I ate mine and half of my parents'. Wonderful, easy dish.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 peaches, halved,pitted and skinned
For Raspberry Sauce
- 1 lb raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 quart vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, prepare syrup.
- Bring sugar, water, lemon juice and zest to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Poach peaches until tender.
- Let them cool in the syrup.
- To prepare the raspberry sauce, in a blender combine raspberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Process to a puree.
- Remove fruits from syrup.
- To serve, in a small bowl place a scoop of vanilla ice cream, place the fruit on top and cover with raspberry sauce.
- Garnish with whipped cream and toasted almonds.
- For Apricot Melba, use 12 ripe, firm apricots, pitted and halved (no need to skin).