Recipe by Sandra Hyde
This is a recipe that was originally created in honour of Dame Nellie Melba back in the early 1900's. So easy to make and so scrumptious. Anyone can copy this and be a top-notch chef. Can be made in advance and simply topped with the ice cream before serving. Simply multiply for additional servings
- 1 fresh peaches or 1 canned peach
- quantity sugar syrup (enough to cook 2 peach halves if peaches are fresh)
- 2 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- If you have a fresh peach, halve it and remove the stone.
- Peel each half.
- Place the two halves in sugar syrup and simmer for a few minutes (until peach halves are tender but not soft).
- Place each peach half in a serving dish.
- Top each half with 1 teaspoon raspberry jam.
- Top this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve and enjoy.