Recipe by Jenny Frenny
Another of my mom's famous desserts. We love it on special occasions. (Cooking time is the time for the sauce to chill.)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- vanilla ice cream
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans peaches, halves drained
- whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, bring frozen raspberries and jelly to boiling stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, food coloring and 1 tbs cold water until dissolved. Stir into hot raspberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Into a med sized bowl, press respberry mixture through a sieve with a spoon and discard seeds.
- Chill sauce.
- In a dessert bowl, place 1 or 2 scoops of softened ice cream. Arrange peach halves over ice cream and spoon sauce over peaches.
- Garnish with whipped cream.