Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I make this delicious peach marmalade every summer when peaches are in season. This is a must try...so delicious! Prep time includes peeling and chopping the peaches.
Top Review by donnie chettleborough
was very good, but there are no instructionsas to when to add sugar. I brought the mixture to a boil then added the sugar and proceeded to bring to a full boil for 1 min., as in regular jam making. I would surely make again
- 1 small orange
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 lbs peaches
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar (no less than 5 cups!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the orange and lemon into quarters; remove all of the seeds.
- Slice the orange and lemon quarters crosswise into very thin slices.
- In a medium saucepan, combine fruit slices and water.
- Cover, and simmer the orange and lemon mixture for 20 minutes.
- Peel, pit, and finely chop the peaches.
- In a 8-10-quart heavy bottomed stockpot/kettle or a Dutch oven, combine orange and lemon mixture with the peeled and chopped peaches.
- Stir the pectin in the fruit mixture; bring the mixture to a FULL rolling boil, stirring constantly. add sugar.
- brign back to a hard boil , uncovered for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; quickly skim off foam. stir for 7 minutes.
- Pour at once, into HOT sterilized jars, and seal.