Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- mint sprig (for garnish)
- peach slices (for garnish)
- Bring the peaches, sugar, and water to a boil, and then simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then strain through a sieve, pressing to extract as much juice as possible.
- Stir in the lemon juice, and serve in tall glasses over ice.
- Garnish with mint or peach slices.
My family loved this refreshing drink, I pureed the peaches after the cook, to make sure I didn't lose any peach flavor at all.
Extremely good. More like a nectar than a lemonade. Sweet and peachy. Yum!
I made this recipe just like it says w/ the exception of adding one extra peach and it was yummy. It really wasn't hard to push the peach mixture through the sieve. You could get away w/ adding a little extra water, but it is still an excellent drink.