Recipe by Rita~
My grandmothers recipe! A PEACHY Dessert! Can be served with ice cream and or whipped cream.
Top Review by under12parsecs
Definitely a PEACH of a treat! The cinnamon sugar gives it just enough sweetness and the sour cream gives it a lovely twang. I love that this is not too sweet to prevent the addition of a melty scoop of vanilla ice cream! I halved the recipe and used an 8 in springform pan.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, room temp
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 13 large peaches, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 pint sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor pulse with metal blade butter into flour,baking powder,salt, and 4 tablespoons sugar, until cornmeal consistency.
- Put into 9x13 inch pan and pat lightly into pan, letting a little come up the sides.
- Arrange peaches close together in rows in the shell.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 14 minutes until sugar melts into peaches.
- Meanwhile, beat egg yolks and sour cream together by hand.
- Spoon over the peaches and return to oven for 30 minutes longer until golden brown.