Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
In 1986, our local weekly newspaper published a free paper cookbook of recipes submitted by the community. This was one of the most popular. Serve it warm with ice cream or you favorite topping.
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups packaged pie crust mix (9 oz box)
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter (from stick, sliced for dotting)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine peaches and lemon zest and place in a medium sized baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add pie crust mix and brown sugar, crumble together and sprinkle over peaches.
- Dot liberally with butter and bake 45 minutes.