Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A great marinade for pork and chicken. I first found this in the Chicago Tribune and have adapted to our tastes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 5 peaches, pitted,peeled and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 lemon
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until transparent.
- Add peaches and cook 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, sugar, and spices.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, add small amount of water to prevent the mixture from sticking or burning.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the juice of 1 lemon.
- Put into blender or food processor and puree.
- Serve at room temperature.