Recipe by PJ Davis
I had so many peaches and couldn't find a recipe for peach "jelly", so adapted a recipe from Ball's Blue Book for plum jelly. Sets up overnight, so don't worry about its consistency right away. It WILL gel and boy oh boy is it wonderful!! English muffins never had it so good!!
Top Review by proud-hillbilly-grandma
Hi, I just made this jelly today. It turned out perfect. I got 9 1/2 pt. jars. I had some "blood red" peach juice from my peaches last summer. The pectin makers didn't have any peach jelly recipes. Thank you for sharing. Mitzie
- 5 1⁄2 cups peach juice
- 1 package dry pectin
- 7 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine juice and pectin in a large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in sugar and return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterile jars; 1/4" head.
- Process 5 minutes in boiling water canner.
- About 8 half pints.