I had so many peaches and couldn't find a recipe for peach "jelly", so adapted a recipe from Ball's Blue Book for plum jelly. Sets up overnight, so don't worry about its consistency right away. It WILL gel and boy oh boy is it wonderful!! English muffins never had it so good!!
- 5 1⁄2 cups peach juice
- 1 package dry pectin
- 7 1⁄2 cups sugar
- Combine juice and pectin in a large saucepot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in sugar and return to a rolling boil.
- Boil hard 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterile jars; 1/4" head.
- Process 5 minutes in boiling water canner.
- About 8 half pints.