Nana Lee's Note:
Found this on the Splenda site. Will be making it next week getting ready for Christmas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash jars and lids in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
- 2Fill boiling-water canner half full with water; add jars and water to cover.
- 3Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- 4Place lids in water to cover in a small saucepan; bring water to a simmer. Simmer until ready to use.
- 5Remove and drain jars and lids, one at a time, as needed for filling.
- 6Combine 4 quarts of the water and lemon juice in a large bowl; set aside.
- 7Fill a Dutch oven 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil.
- 8Immerse peaches for 20 seconds or until skins easily peel away; remove with slotted spoon and plunge into ice water.
- 9Slip skin off peaches using a paring knife.
- 10Cut peaches in half; remove pits.
- 11Place peach halves in the water and lemon juice solution to prevent browning.
- 12Cut peaches into chunks; place in food processor.
- 13Process until finely chopped and measure exactly 3 cups of fruit.
- 14Combine peaches and 3/4 cup water in a large saucepan.
- 15Gradually add pectin, stirring until blended.
- 16Bring mixture to a full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) over medium-high heat.
- 17Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 18Remove from heat; add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener stirring until SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener dissolves.
- 19Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- 20Ladle hot jam immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4-inch of tops.
- 21Wipe jar rims and threads and cover with 2-piece lids.
- 22Screw bands tightly and place jars on rack in canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.)
- 23Cover; bring water to gentle boil and process 10 minutes.
- 24Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely.
- 25After jars cool, check seals by pressing center of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
- 26Store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
- 27Once opened, store refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.
- 28Serving size is 1 Tbs.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Jam from Splenda
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 11.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry low-sugar pectin