Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found this on the Splenda site. Will be making it next week getting ready for Christmas!
Make and share this Peach Jam from Splenda recipe from Food.com.
- Wash jars and lids in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
- Fill boiling-water canner half full with water; add jars and water to cover.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Place lids in water to cover in a small saucepan; bring water to a simmer. Simmer until ready to use.
- Remove and drain jars and lids, one at a time, as needed for filling.
- Combine 4 quarts of the water and lemon juice in a large bowl; set aside.
- Fill a Dutch oven 3/4 full with water; bring to a boil.
- Immerse peaches for 20 seconds or until skins easily peel away; remove with slotted spoon and plunge into ice water.
- Slip skin off peaches using a paring knife.
- Cut peaches in half; remove pits.
- Place peach halves in the water and lemon juice solution to prevent browning.
- Cut peaches into chunks; place in food processor.
- Process until finely chopped and measure exactly 3 cups of fruit.
- Combine peaches and 3/4 cup water in a large saucepan.
- Gradually add pectin, stirring until blended.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener stirring until SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener dissolves.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jam immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4-inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads and cover with 2-piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly and place jars on rack in canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.)
- Cover; bring water to gentle boil and process 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely.
- After jars cool, check seals by pressing center of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)
- Store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
- Once opened, store refrigerated and use within 2 weeks.
- Serving size is 1 Tbs.