Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Get a different twist for your peach jam by flavoring it with rose water and cinnamon. As I don't like too sweet jams I use "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1" (German Brand). It already contains pectin and you can reduce sugar to 1/3 of fruit weight.
- 1.32 lb peaches (weighted after pitting)
- 0.44 lb super gelling sugar (Dr. Oetker 3 to 1, see note)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (about 1 to 1.5 inches long)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- Pit the peaches and weight 600 grams. Puree them in the food processor.
- Put into suited pot. Add super gelling sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat stirring it to prevent from sticking.
- Let cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Then remove from heat and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Add lemon juice and rose water. Mix.
- Fill into prepared twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar.
- NOTE on "Custom Yield": this is always a guess. It depends mainly how much water evaporates during cooking. Sometimes I get more glasses, sometimes less. Have enough preserving jars at hand.