southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Homemade peach jam
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare peaches by peeling, pitting, and cutting into quarters.
- 2Chop in a food processor or cut into small pieces.
- 3Put the peaches, lemon juice, sugar, and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve all the sugar.
- 4Boil rapidly and stir constantly until the jam is thick or has reached the jell point on a thermometer.
- 5Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes; skim off any foam.
- 6Ladle into hot jars. Clean the rims, seal, and process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 213.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 209.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g