Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is in response to a request on the boards. I haven't tried it yet, but can't wait until my young peach tree starts producing. This is the first jam recipe I've found that didn't require additional pectin (apparently peaches are high in pectin themselves). Cooking time includes processing time only.
- Combine peaches and water in a large saucepot.
- Cook gently 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Bring slowly to a boil.
- Cook rapidly to gelling point, about 15 minutes.
- As mixture thickens, stir to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Adjust two-piece caps.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
- Remove from hot water bath.
- Cover with dry towel.
- Allow to set until caps seal and jars are cool.