Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
A budget beater light summery refreshing dessert from Recipe+ Have not including freezing time. TOP TIP - heat the tea mixture only until sugar dissolves, so it cools more quickly. You can use any metal pan to freeze the mixture, as long as the liquid is no more than 5cm deep. DIY IDEAS - Use any ice tea flavour. You can use fresh peaches instead of canned. It is best to make granita within 2 days of serving and flake just before serving.
- 1 liter iced tea (4 cups, peach flavoured)
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 825 g peach slices in juice (drained coarsely chopped)
- Combine tea and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Pour tea mixture into a 23cm (base measurement) square cake pan and cool and then freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Spoon peaches into serving bowls - use a fork and scrape granita into flakes and spoon over peaches and serve at once.