3 hrs 20 mins
The Giggle Box's Note:
I got this recipe from Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream book. It is the reason I own an ice cream maker. Every year we go to Gaffney, SC and pick up a huge basket of peaches. This is the perfect way to use some of them. The cooking time listed includes time to let the peaches sit in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the peaches, lemon juice and 3/4 cup of sugar in a bowl.
- 2Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- 3Remove the peaches from the fridge and drain the juice into another bowl and set aside.
- 4Return the peaches to the fridge.
- 5Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Slowly whisk in 3/4 cup of sugar until completely blended.
- 7Add the cream and milk and whisk to blend and then add the peach juice and mix until completely blended.
- 8Pour into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the ice maker's directions.
- 9When the ice cream is almost frozen (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the peaches and continue freezing until it is ready.
- 10If your ice cream maker is anything like mine, you may need to put the ice cream into a container and let it finish freezing in the freezer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 44.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g