Recipe by Bev
Of all the summertime flavors, I think that peach ice cream brings it all home for me. This delightful recipe comes from the Inn At Little Washington and Chef Patrick O'Connell. Special equipment: Ice Cream Machine(cook time is estimated freezing time)
Top Review by HudnallsHuddle
I went looking for Virginia Recipes this past weekend and had also picked up fresh local peaches at the farmers market too. What a treat to find a recipe from The Inn at Little Washington for Peach Ice Cream! This is a great recipe and makes for lovely ice cream with great local cream from the folks of Trickling Spring Creamery!<br/><br/>Thanks for sharing! I've further shared on www.HudnallsHuddle.com which is dedicated to recipes with fresh local ingredients and local establishments.
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 quart peach, puree (about 3 pounds fresh peaches, peeled, stoned, and pureed)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled, stoned, and coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In the top of a double boiler or a in a stainless steel bowl set over a pan of simmering water, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until warm to the touch.
- Add the peach puree and salt.
- Whisking constantly, continue cookig until the custard thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and add the cream, vanilla, and chopped peaches.
- Chill in the refrigerator, then freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.