Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
At the peak of the season, this is refreshing, sweet and satisfying.
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches (1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place peaches in blender or processor, process till finely chopped.
- Combine peaches and remaining ingredients into large bowl. Pour peach mixture into freezer can of an ice cream freezer; freeze according to mfg directions. Spoon ice cream into a freezer safe container, cover and freeze 2 hrs until firm.
- 1/2 C = 1 serving/ per serv: 125 cal/4g fat (2.5g sat), 1.8g pro/21.3 g carb/1.2 g fiber/20mg sod/53mg calc.
My entire family really enjoyed this ice cream! It was so easy to make and had a wonderful taste. I like the fact that it's more of a vanilla ice cream with pieces of fresh peach throughout, rather than a peach flavored ice cream where the fruit has all been pureed. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
I tagged this recipe as part of the My Three Chefs cooking event. I could not find a decent peach in the state of Virginia so I used a can of sliced peaches, extremely well drained and chopped them up. They worked fine. I was expecting more of a peach flavor in the ice cream. The flavor is good but it's more of a vanilla ice cream with peaches. I am going to try it again when peaches come into season and see if that makes a difference and then I will review again. For now, this is a good basic ice cream. Thanks for posting!!