Recipe by twissis
From *Cooking With Honey* by Hazel Berto, this recipe works as a tasty dessert drink or after school treat for the kids. I modified the original recipe from whole milk to skim & ice cream to frozen yoghurt, so feel free to revert to the original if you have a DH w/more willpower than my Siggi. *Enjoy*
- 2 fresh peaches (med size, ripe, peeled, pitted, coarsely crushed & chilled)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 pint skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peaches, honey + 1/2 pt milk & beat or blend.
- Add rest of the milk, almond extract + half of the frozen yoghurt & beat or blend till smooth.
- Pour into well-chilled tall glasses, top w/remaining frozen yoghurt & serve immediately.
- NOTE: We would always use fresh peaches for this, but they cannot always be in season & I bet this would still be good using canned peaches when fresh are not an option.