Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From *Cooking With Honey* by Hazel Berto, this recipe works as a tasty dessert drink or after school treat for the kids. I modified the original recipe from whole milk to skim & ice cream to frozen yoghurt, so feel free to revert to the original if you have a DH w/more willpower than my Siggi. *Enjoy*
- 2 fresh peaches (med size, ripe, peeled, pitted, coarsely crushed & chilled)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 pint skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
- Combine peaches, honey + 1/2 pt milk & beat or blend.
- Add rest of the milk, almond extract + half of the frozen yoghurt & beat or blend till smooth.
- Pour into well-chilled tall glasses, top w/remaining frozen yoghurt & serve immediately.
- NOTE: We would always use fresh peaches for this, but they cannot always be in season & I bet this would still be good using canned peaches when fresh are not an option.
Very nice float! Creamy and flavorful. The almond added a nice flavor. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14
I too loved the addition of almond to this recipe as I believe it really makes the drink what it is. Left the skins on the peaches for added thickness and of course the nutritional value. Other than that, followed the recipe exact. I can't say enough how much I love the almond flavoring to this peach smoothie. A winner MP... Made for PetParade's pay-it-forward!~
Made for Jan., 2008 Beverage Tag. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! So good and creamy. I really loved the hint of almond that the almond extract gave. Thanks for another great recipe, twissis.