Recipe by Kree
I can't wait to try this unique recipe. What could be better than salmon and peaches together? This is from Peach Perfect (Low Fat Recipes) by Sherri Eldridge. It doesn't specify the grill temperature, but I would go with medium to medium-high.
Top Review by Brian121
This is a great recipe but we had to make a few adjustments. Since we didn't have fresh peaches, we used peaches from a jar and left out the brown sugar and added some fresh pinapple. We found that in doing this, the amount of mustard was too much. Interesting contrast between the sweet and the pungent mustard and pepper. Definitely worth a try.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon fillets
- 5 peaches
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard (powder)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon melted soy margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepeare grill or preheat broiler. Spray aluminum foil with non-stick oil, then cover grill or broiler pan with foil. Remove any bones in fillets with pliers.
- Peel peaches and cut into quarters. Dice enough to make 1/4 cup and put into blender, reserving remaining peach quarters. Add honey, mustard, lemon juice, pepper, and margarine to blender and whip until sauce is smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix ginger, grated lemon rind, and brown sugar.
- Arrange salmon fillets on grill or broiler with skin side up. Grill or broil 5 minutes, then turn fillets. Baste fillets with sauce. Arrange peach quarters around fillets; sprinkle spiced brown sugar mixture on peaches.
- Grill or broil another 5 minutes, until inner flesh is light pink.
- Spoon pan juices over fish.