Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
I've just recently discovered that omelettes don't need to be savoury, they can also be sweet. This is a simple sweet omelette recipe from Alberta Egg Producers.
- 125 ml sliced peaches (fresh or canned)
- 5 ml liquid honey
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml butter
- 15 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- icing sugar
- Combine peaches, honey and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a 15 cm (6-inch) non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and swirl to coat pan. Pour in eggs. As mixture begins to set, lift edges with spatula to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- Cook until bottom is set and top is almost set.
- Spread peaches and almonds over half of the omelette. Fold the other half over the peaches, using the spatula, and tilt the skillet so that the omelette slides out of the pan.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
very very good. I enjoyed it thoroughly, next time though i will add a little more honey to balance the "eggy' taste.
Yum, I didn't know eggs could be sweet for breakfast either! Best of both worlds I think, protein and sweet. Very easy and quick to do. I prayed the pan with cooking spray and omitted the icing sugar. Instead I used a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Made for ZWT4.