Recipe by Suzie_Q
My mom used to make this quite often when we were little, and we all loved it. It is very easy to prepare and delicious! The original recipe calls for fresh peaches, but we have used canned as well and it worked out fine. I like to experiment with different flavours too; it is really good with 1/2 tsp of almond extract added as well.
Top Review by crazycookinmama
This was sort of blah for me. I used frozen peaches, and the cream didn't have enough vanilla for me. I think it would be much better as a warm cobbler. The sugar got nice and burned on the top but other than that it was way too frozen. Maybe my error. Will make it again, but warm this time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put peaches into boiling water to loosen skin, then peel and cut into slices.
- Place into a baking dish big enough so that they only come up to about half the height of it.
- Beat the whipping cream until thick and then blend in vanilla.
- Cover peaches with whipped cream and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Take out of freezer and spread a layer of brown sugar over whipped cream.
- Place dish under broileron the highest rack and bake just until the cream appears through the layer of brown sugar.