Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 -4 peaches, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 6 tomatillos, washed and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 fresh habanero pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine peaches, tomatillos and chile in mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least 3 hours to allow the flavors to blend before serving.
- Serve as an accompaniment to poultry, fish or pork.
I don't agree with Andy. I think this salsa is gorgeous as it is. Salsa doesn't have to be runny, it can be chunky as well. (and it's obvious that hard peaches are not even good when eaten on their own.) I give it 5 stars. and Andy, don't be so critical and enjoy more.
The recipe should specify very ripe peaches or an alternative to use in case only hard peaches are available. there is not enough liquid in this recipe to mix the flavors of the ingredients.