1/6 Photos of Peach Glazed Pork Chops (Oamc)
There are several recipes on 'Zaar that feature the combination of sweet peaches with pork chops, roasts or tenderloins. This one is unique not only in its spices but in its preparation. A featured entree from Dream Dinners, the franchise that helps families prepare make-ahead meals, this dish recently appeared in Family Circle magazine. I've trying these without freeze and they were wonderful and saucy without being too sweet. I added a pinch of ground ginger to mine and will most likely add a wee bit of extra onion, but not so much as to change the balance of sweet and savory flavors. Have some additional bags assembled but have not yet defrosted and cooked. If you are making these fresh you can skip the bagging, frezing and defrosting steps (1-2). (279 cal/14 g fat/2 g fiber)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups unsweetened frozen peach slices (about a pound, if making fresh, use defrosted)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (5 ounce) lean boneless pork chops
- 1To assemble and freeze, place all of the ingredients in Bag 1 in one resealable bag and close. Place chops in a second bag. Place both bags in a third bag, close and label. This can remain frozen for up to 2 months.
- 2To defrost, place in fridge 2 days before preparing.
- 3To prepare, season pork chops with the salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Cook chops about 4 minutes on each side.
- 4Remove 1/4 cup of liquid from the peach mixture and set aside. Add the remaining contents of Bag 1 to the skillet with the chops and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 3 minutes.
- 5Mix the cornstarch into the reserved liquid and add to the pan, stirring an additional minute to thicken the sauce.
- 6Serve with rice pilaf and steamed green beans or broccoli.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peach Glazed Pork Chops (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 286.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 31.4 g