Prep 27 mins
Cook 5 mins
From: Cook's Country - August/September 2007. Three medium-sized ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced, can be substituted for the frozen.
- 1 cup peach preserves (can use any other drupe-type fruit preserves)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, rubbed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground or 1⁄8 teaspoon dried pepper, any type ground
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen sliced peaches (or same type of drupe fruit as preserves above)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 pork rib chops or 4 center-cut pork chops
- salt and pepper
- Simmer preserves, vinegar, thyme, and cayenne in saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 3 (three) minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture as glaze for chops. Add peaches to saucepan with remaining mixture and simmer over low heat until peaches are soft and mixture is slightly thickened, about 10 (ten) minutes. Remove from heat, stir in mustard. Cover and keep warm.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and grill over hot fire approximately 6 (six) minutes per side. Brush with reserved glaze and cook 1 (one) minute longer, per side. Transfer to platter and let rest 5 (five) minutes, to allow internal juices to redistribute. Pour sliced peach mixture over chops and serve.