Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found this recipe in an older Baltimore Gas & Electric Cookbook. It is excellent.
- 1 roasting chicken (about 4-5 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions
- Wash chicken; pat dry. Sprinkle inside and out with salt. Tie legs together and tuck wings under back. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Melt butter and brush on chicken. Roast at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes per pound.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine remaining ingredients and cook over medium-low heat until thickened, about 15 minutes. Spoon peach glaze over chicken the last 20 minutes of roasting time.