Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a nice alternative to your typical barbecue sauce-slathered ribs. Sometimes you just want something different!
Top Review by Nif
The marinade was really tasty and I enjoyed that. I would rather boil ribs before grilling them because we didn't like all of the fat. I would use the marinade again for sure! Served with mashed potatoes and veggies and made for Holiday Tag. Thanks! :)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 -5 lbs pork back ribs or 4 -5 lbs spareribs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh peach slices (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For glaze, in a small saucepan cook and stir preserves, lemon juice, mustard, and cardamom over low heat until preserves melt. Set aside.
- In a covered grill arrange preheated coals around a drip pan; test for medium heat above pan.
- Sprinkle ribs with salt or onion salt and pepper . Place ribs on rib rack, if desired. Place ribs, meaty side up, on grill rack over drip pan, but not over the coals. Lower grill hood.
- Grill ribs for 60 minutes, brushing with glaze after the first 30 minutes. Uncover; grill for 15 to 30 minutes more or till ribs are tender, brushing occasionally with glaze. Serve with peach slices and any additional glaze.